This easy dog biscuit recipe uses only 3 ingredients and couldn’t be simpler!
Made with banana, peanut butter and a can of garbanzo beans, this delicious peanut butter dog biscuit recipe is grain-free and costs just pennies to make.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on this, read our disclosure here.
You can dump all of the ingredients into a small food processor and blend these up with little effort.
We know dogs love peanut butter and bananas, but you might be wondering:
Are garbanzo beans good for dogs?…
Garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas) are a dog-friendly super food that aides in digestion due to the high fiber content.
Fido feeling a little constipated?
These dog biscuits will do just the trick.
Garbanzo beans are also a rich source of protein along with other essential nutrients and antioxidants including potassium, magnesium, folate, copper, vitamin A, vitamin C, and B-complex vitamins.
While these dog biscuits provide a healthy dose of protein and fiber for your pet, they should still be considered treats and given in moderation.
After all, we are talking about beans…
A word of warning:
If you give your dog too many at once, you can expect some extra gas!
- Related: Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats With Strawberry Jelly
- Related: 11 Easy Homemade Dog Treats You Can Make In 15 Minutes Or Less
Here are the kitchen tools you’ll need to make this easy dog biscuit recipe:
- A small food processor such as the Ninja 2-in-1.
- Dog bone cookie cutter. I used the small dog bone cookie cutter from this pack that measures 1-3/4″ long (made 34 dog biscuits).
- Baking sheet
- Colander for draining off garbanzo bean liquid.
Disclaimer: Please consult your vet before introducing any new food into your dog’s diet.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Recipe
Yield: Approximately 34 Dog Biscuits 1-3/4″
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (xylitol free)
- 1 banana
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- In a colander or strainer, drain and rinse your garbanzo beans. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Add garbanzo beans, banana and peanut butter to a small food processor. This is my favorite processor that I use for all of my home cooking.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor with a spatula as needed.
- Spread dough out on a greased baking sheet. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for 1 hour (or until no longer too sticky to handle).
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Flatten chilled dough to about 3/4″ thickness with your hands.
- Cut desired shapes into dough with dog-inspired cookie cutters.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet at 325 F for 15 minutes.
If you made this dog biscuit recipe, let us know in the comments how it turned out! And don’t forget to share it with your friends 🙂